Spicy Peanut Kale Salad
- 3 bunches kale cut into pieces
- 1/2 red onion chopped
Spicy Peanut Dressing
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3/4 tablespoon fresh ginger chopped
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium tamari
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 2 fl oz shot water
- Wash kale well. Remove large, tough stems and cut or break large leaves into pieces.
- Blanch in boiling water for about 2-3 minutes. Transfer the kale with a slotted spoon to a bowl full of ice water to cool it immediately.
- Drain well and squeeze out all the liquid with your hands.
- Place the dressing ingredients (except the hot water) into a high powered blender and blend until the mixture becomes smooth. Add water to thin sauce.
- Drizzle about half the dressing on top of the kale and mix the two together. Add more dressing until kale looks coated. You’ll probably have dressing leftover (read notes for ideas of what to do with it).
- Garnish kale salad with chopped red onions and serve.
Calorie: 381 kcal
Carbohydrate: 33 g
– Added sugar: 7.3 g
– Fiber: 6.5 g
Protein: 16 g
Total fat: 23 g
Recipe by Eating Bird Food