- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup canned white beans
- 1 handful parsley chopped
- Optional step: Rinse dry quinoa in a strainer to remove its outer coating (takes away the bitterness).
- Place in sauce pan and toast the quinoa for about 5 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes until all the water has been absorbed. Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Meanwhile, dice the vegetables. Drain and wash the beans.
- Once quinoa is finished cooking, let cool for a few minutes. Toss the quinoa with vegetables, beans, and parsley.
- Mix lemon juice and vinegar and pour over the dry ingredients.
- Let chill in the refrigerator and serve.
Calories: 287 kcal
Carbohydrates: 53 g
- Added sugar: 0 g
- Fiber: 9.4 g
Protein: 14 g
Total fat: 3.13 g
Recipe by Brittyn Howard