Katies Ultimate Unbaked Brownies
- 2 1/2 cups loosely packed pitted dates
- 1 1/2cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- Combine dates, walnuts, 6 Tbsp. cacao powder, 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla, 2 tsp. water and salt in a food processor. Process until completely smooth.
- Lightly grease an 8 inch square baking dish, or line dish with parchment or waxed paper. Transfer dough to dish. Press dough very firmly into dish with your hands until dough is evenly distributed.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup cacao powder, remaining 1/2 tsp. vanilla, maple syrup and oil. Stir until mixture forms a paste (this is the frosting). Spread paste evenly over dough in baking dish. Refrigerate brownies for at least 2 hours to set, then cut into squares. Refrigerate any leftovers in a covered container for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 2 months.
Calories: 149 kcal
Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Added sugar: 2.98 g
- Fiber: 3.41 g
Protein: 2.5 g
Total fat: 8.3 g
Recipe by Eating Bird Food