- 1 1/2 cup cooked garbanzo beans OR 1 can of garbanzo beans, strained and rinsed 3 times
- 3 1/2 – 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 Tbsp water (optional)
- In a blender or in a food processor, combine all the ingredients except water, using just 3½ Tbsp of maple syrup.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth, about 30-60 seconds. Add water 1 Tbsp at a time to create the desired consistency. Taste the chocolate hummus and add remaining maple syrup if desired.
- Serve with celery sticks, apple slices, strawberries, etc.
Calories: 77 kcal
Carbohydrate: 14.7 g
– Sugar: 6.6 g
– Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 2.9 g
Total fat: 0.9 g
Recipe and photo by Don’t Waste The Crumbs